Community Based Natural Resources Management (CBNRM) is intended to promote sustainable development by contributing to local poverty alleviation through wage employment and CBO revenue. CBNRM is a decision making process that gradually results in better natural resource management as communities are given responsibility to manage their natural resources within a designated area. Instead of natural resources being managed from a top-down approach, CBNRM recognizes the rights of local people to manage and benefit from the use of their natural resources and empowers communities with legislation, rights and access and use of their land. CBNRM benefits many individuals and stakeholders with the direct beneficiaries being CBOs, NGOs, the private sector, the government and research institutes.
The following tools will be useful for stakeholders involved in CBNRM:
- Individual Rights and Responsibilities
- Mini-Manual for CBNRM Support Organizations
- The Committee Members Manual
- The Chairperson’s Manual
- The Treasurer’s Manual
- The Secretary’s Manual
- Building Constitutions for Participatory Resource Governance
- Sample Constitution for Community Based Organization (CBO)
- How to Manage the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in a Participatory CBO
- Participatory Project Planning
CBNRM Contact Database
The following contact database has the contact information for all of the CBOs in the Ngamiland Region.
CBNRM Service Support Directory
The following organizations are stakeholder in CBNRM and they can offer support or relevant CBNRM information to CBO’s or other interested parties