LOCATION: Maun, Botswana • PRIMARY WORK: OVC • ESTABLISHED: 2007
Tutorial NGO was started in response to the rate of poverty and difficulty for people and youth to access resources. In result, Tutorial NGO facilitates programs to empower community members and caregivers in order to strengthen home environment of children of all ages. With its programs, Tutorial NGO is able to serve all members of the community, not just those in need to produce a bigger impact on the community as a whole.
The staff at Tutorial NGO works to:
- Empower community members to become self-reliant
- Help the whole community with access to basic needs and services
- Reduce stigma (of orphans, destitute people, HIV)
In order to help the community as a whole to become self-reliant, Tutorial NGO has several programs:
- The Tutorial Day Care Centre, a preschool sponsoring orphans and vulnerable children, provides OVC with food, education, and psychosocial support for their families and caregivers.
- The Tutorial Community Centre facilitates access to basic needs and empowers the people of the local community to develop skills and personal qualities.
- The Playgroup Cluster promotes communities to develop play groups and allow children and their parents to develop social skills to support one another
Contact Information Telephone/Fax: +267 686 6666 Website: http://www.tutorial.com/ E-mail: email@example.com